Despite his 50 years Parviz still lives off his father and the two men don’t get on very well. Things come to a head when the father tells his son he has decided to remarry. Parviz has no other choice but surrender his place to his step-mother and leave home. Parviz finds it difficult to get used to this new solitary life far from his neighborhood and the people he knows. He thus concocts a novel way of fighting back against the injustice done to him.
- Winner of : *Jury’s Special Mention* at the 60th San Sebastian IFF, Spain, « for its compelling and harmonious storytelling, featuring an atypical and constantly surprising anti-hero »
- Winner of : *NETPAC Award* at the 13th Asiaticafilmmediale, Rome, Italy.
- Winner of : *Silver Apricot* Prize at GOLDEN APRICOT Yerevan International Film Festival, Armenia.
- Winner of: *Suvarna Chakoram /Golden Crow Pheasant* for *Best Film* at the 18th Kerala International Film Festival, India.
- Winner of: *Special Mention* Awarded by the 7th edition of the Iranian Society of Film Writers and Reviewers.
- Winner of: *Best Performance by an Actor Levon Haftvan* at the 13th Dhaka International Film Festival, Bangladesh.
- Winner of: *Special Mention* Awarded by Film Writers and Reviewers Jury at the 9th International Oriental Film Festival of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Winner of : *Jury’s Special Mention* at the 13th Imagineindia International Film Festival Madrid, Spain.